While in Norway, we rented a van in Oslo for one day.We drove it around town and dropped it at the airport, where they told us and flew home to the US.

FOUR MONTHS LATER, we got a bill (entirely in Norwegian except the words, "No Payment Due" and "Vehicle Damage" and "Your Creditcard has been charged" 20000NOK ($2300+). No one had ever called to discuss possible damage, no notice, etc., until they charged our credit card nearly $2500. We lodged a complaint with the US side after being put on hold in Norway for over 20 minutes. They said it would take some time to work it out since it wasn't in the US.

Luckily, my husband is paranoid ever since a similar incident occurred nearly 20 years ago with another crooked car rental agency, so he extensively videos the cars we rent upon pickup and again at drop off (PROVING we didn't cause any damage). I posted them to Youtube and sent them the links. Again, no word, no apology, no explanation and six weeks later, the charges are reversed.

I assume they moved on to the next *** that they were going to stick with damage that they didn't cause!I have ZERO respect for running a company with such total lack of integrity!!

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of avis car rental from Avis. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Avis to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Avis for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments