Resolved
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Update by user Oct 10

Two weeks after I reported the overcharge, I finally received the refund that was due me.

Original review posted by user Oct 04

8/6 I prepay 362.78 for 9/8 pickup - best deal that I can find.9/3 confirm reservation email recieved, w/ lower price of 344.12.

Avis customer service modifies reservation and tells me I’ll get a refund. 9/4 confirm reservation email recieved, w/ lower price of 322.14. Avis customer service modifies reservation and tells me I’ll get a refund. 9/5 confirm reservation email recieved, w/ lower price of 290.93.

Avis customer service modifies reservation and tells me I’ll get a refund. 9/13 I return the rental and am charged $290.93 on top of the $362.78 I’ve already paid 9/17 Avis CSR Supervisor agrees to refund $362.78 and says it will post in 3-5 bus. days. It doesn’t post.

9/25 Avis CSR says that the Supervisor misspoke and it will take 5-7 business days for the refund to post.

It doesn’t post 9/27 Avis CSR says the refund request needs to go through the prepaid credit department 9/29 email received from Avis, claiming that due to technical issues the refund will not post until 10/1.10/1 email received from Avis, informing me that the refund will post in 3-5 business days 10/1 refund posts that evening

Review about: Avis Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: I eventually got my refund. The problem's resolved, but it should never occurred in the first place and when it did occur, it should have been resolve within days, not weeks..

I liked: Car i rented.

I didn't like: Being double charged and the fact that it took, It took two weeks to resolve.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments