Frankfurt, Hesse

Picked up a black skoda in the tight airport underground car park. Gave the car a quick check over and all appeared okay.

Didn't have the car for more than eight hours and upon return we were directed to park in a returns bay which was floodlit only to have a minute mark pointed out to us and a damage note raised. I stated on the note that we had not been near anything that could have caused that mark and as it was soooo small we would have never seen it when picking up the car. Avis conveniently ignored my written statement and debited by card £560. Then I had a further debit taken, which when I challenged them about this through my credit card company as well as the initial damage claim, they claimed it was to deal with a traffic offence, which we never committed.

We didn't even see a policeman or get a parking ticket and if it was a speed camera, we have never been contacted by the police.

Absolutely shocking behavior and shocking customer service. I shall never use AVIS/Budget again and I strongly recommend others do not use this appalling company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Avis Cons: Dishonest customer service, Underhand costs applied.

• Car Rental Frankfurt Airport