Ibstock, England
1.8

I would like to share my recent and still unresolved negative experince with Avis (Southampton Airport station). I been a loyal customer, actually Avis Prefered for nearly 1 year and I always paid online in full my van rental.

Last booking was in 11/11/18 I’ve paid the van and I had to pick up on 18th Nov.Something intervened and I did not need any longer the van which I already paid in advance (£522.77), so on the 14th I contacted Avis and told them that I don’t need the van, so I would like my refund back ( their policy says if you let them know with 3 days before your pick up day, you get FULL refund back). I’ve been re-assured that in 5-7 working days I will have my money back. Of course, this didn’t happened! After many calls to their Customer Service which are highly inefficient and total unprofessional, we did not manage to get the problem sorted,so we decided to travel to Southampton in person to clarify the situation.

Nothing been resoved there either, we been again re-assured that they’ve emailed already to the company in charge with refunds and will have our money back soon.After a week time, nothing yet so we made another journey to Avis Southampton Airport and the same staff was saying that will send another email, this time URGENT and everything will be sorted (this happened last Sat 8th Dec). Guess what?!

Today is 12/12/18 already a month since we claimed our money back and nothing been resolved and we are still without our money!! I would higly NOT RECOMMEND them for any car/van hire,unless you want to be in the same situation as mine.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments