San Diego, California
100% full Not resolved

I had made a 10 day reservation from Nov 17-27 for AVIS and made me pre-pay.We decided to cut our trip in half and tried to modify our reservation, you would think it would refund me half of the cost of $767.76, but it only changed it to $633.14.

Related: Avis Car Rental Review

I checked to see if competition such as Alamo and Enterprise was competitive. Even with the $50 cancellation fee AVIS charged me, I will get back $330, which is about half of what I had originally reserved and expected to get back.

That is about $250 savings by going with Enterprise.Don't waste your time with Avis.

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

I didn't like: Refund and modification prices were horrible comparitively.

Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Avis Car Rental
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / $100
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Avis - Charged for a reservation that was cancelled - Avis "My corporate card was charged ( again ) after a cancellation. Avis advised me that, since they could find no record, they were not responsible for any charges, as my credit..." Read more Enterprise Rent A Car - St. Petersburg Cheaters Enterprise Rent A Car "Picked the car up at 3400 5TH AVE S, SAINT PETERSBURG, FL location while it was raining. They parked the car out in the pouring rain for us to inspect...." Read more Anchor Your Assets Lease Guaranty - BAIT AND SWITCH !! anchoryourassets.com and anchoryourassetsinc.com SCAM! BEWARE !! Anchor Your Assets Lease Guaranty "anchor your assets lease guaranty that goes by anchoryourassets.com and anchoryourassetsinc.com advertises that you get an apartment approval without "paying a dime" upfront right on their webiste, front and center...." Read more Enterprise Rent A Car - ENTERPRISE FALSE HAIL DAMAGE CLAIMS Enterprise Rent A Car "In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..." Read more Dhgate - Good Experience Dhgate "Few companies are synonymous with customer service, but DHgate is one of them. The DHgate store with 24/7 live chat is the example of excellent customer service, it serves as..." Read more Aarons - I was sold some damage furniture from your Tifton store and the store manager Mike is very rude about it and calling me a liar Aarons "I constanly ask them since november about fixing the sofa and it took them til yesterday to do so and i refuse to make another payment til it was fixed..." Read more Swagway - Purchased for Christmas. My son had ridden his x2 hover board a total of maybe 2 hours. Swagway "My son has not been rough on his board. He has ridden it outside twice and both times it started going crazy, beeping and throwing him off. I contacted Swagway..." Read more Splat Hair Color - My only wonder Splat Hair Color "I haven't had a issue with splat just curious as to why when I bleach my hair it turns purple lol. But for those having issues maybe this will help...." Read more