4.1

I booked a rental for 2 days (reserved online with payment confirmation) to be picked up at 6PM, Fri 30th of AUG, scheduled pick up and return in the city for use while my car was at the shop for maintenance; I Uber'd to the Avis Rental at 3405 Lenox Road NE Atlanta, and only to be informed on arrival that there was NO CAR available. I had to Uber home, I called AVIS afterwards but unfortunately, the reservation had to be cancelled since they didn't have any rental available at that time, and I would have to wait for the refund on my credit card.

I had to make another reservation for another rental to be picked up from AVIS at the airport at 1AM, AUG 31st and scheduled to be returned to the Avis location at 3405 Lenox Road NE, Atlanta, as requested and stated on the contract. I requested a 2 day rental and was initially billed for 2 days. I then tried to return the rental on the due date, Sept 02 at the Lenox Rd location only to find out that they were closed due to the Labor Day holiday. Though I was not able to drive to the airport to return the rental as it was a bit of a distance, and I had other commitments.

Long story short, I had to work the next day, the 3rd of sept, it was a very busy day and couldnt make the return to the requested/desired location; though the rental was just sitting there on my driveway. I was able to return the rental on the next day (4th of Sept); I tried to explain the situation to the associate and was expecting some sort of consideration and not get billed for the 1day I tried to return the rental but they were closed, even though I wouldn't have complained if I got billed for the next extra day I kept the rental, but had no use for it. I had only put a budget for rental to be at about 300 or 400 and only to be getting a final bill of about $800 (way over my budget, and too much to be spent on rental that was only utilized a total of 107 miles, bearing in mind that I had to Uber to the first Avis location but disappointed, Uber'd to the airport later that night to pick up this Rental about 25 miles away from my house).

I'd expect some form of consideration or rebate because I wish I would have been informed that I couldn't make the return on the 2nd, as I wished, requested and got billed for. Thanks

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Michael G

There buddies at BUDGET do the same thing. These are two really disgusting companies.

Avis Reviews