1.5
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I picked up my car about 9:30 pm on Jan 27.When I handed the man my AmEx card, he asked if I wanted to decline the insurance since AmEx covers it.

I said 'yes, that's why I always use my AmEx for car rentals'. When he was done entering my information, he told me to click accept a few times and sign, which I did. When I returned the car early Sunday morning, yep, I was overcharged. The attendant told me I'd have to speak to someone at the desk or call Avis.

I had a flight to catch, but called Avis at 1800-352-7900 and they told me I'd have to call the Memphis facility and gave me the ID of the person who managed my check in. I called the local office repeatedly, but kept getting an automated message that they were busy with other customers and I got transferred to the 1800 number call center. I've rented cars for years, in several different countries, and this is the first time I've been overcharged.

But when the agent asks you, and you say you want to decline the insurance, and he says to accept and sign, it's implied that I declined the insurance.These agents are clearly trained to manipulate customers into paying more, so beware of this practice and avoid Avis!

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: I was charged 32 for insurance i said i wanted to decline.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments