2.0
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I rented a car for 5 days through Hotwire to drive from Shreveport to Slidell.I went with Hotwire because I can cancel at any time and felt like I would have a third party protection.

I used the car for two days and ended up having to fly home due to severe weather instead of driving home to get home quickly. I had the car from Thursday at 7 am until Friday at 6 pm (23 hours) and was charged $531 dollars. Avis said I couldn't cancel and charged me for the full time yet I booked through Hotwire that said I could cancel.

I am disputing the charge.This is horrible business and I am taking it steps forward.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $411. rainyday71129 is overall dissatisfied with Avis. The most disappointing about avis car rental at Avis was being way over charge with no customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Avis.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Avis to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1251049

Booking anything thru a third party like Hotwire, Expedia, etc. can be problematical. It is always best to book directly with the provider, eg., Avis.