State: Massachusetts City: Boston Product: Avis Mitsubishi Car Rental Clear all filters (1 of 1 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

AVIS NEVER AGAIN!!!! Check everything before they get you to sign anyhting!

1.5
We checked on their website prices for one day rent, it seem ok, starting at 45 a day. We decided to get the car for one day, pick it up at 8am and return it by 11pm Couldn't get the reservation online, so we did it by phone. By phone the only rate available was 100 dollars "all fees included" so we prepaid. Next day at pick up, they got the car set up, it seems all ok, they just got me to sign some papers, never explained anything about the rental or it conditions, we were in a hurry so I didn't read the contract and trust the girl in front of me. We left, the car was ok, it was a Mitsubishi Lancer, definitely it was ready for inspection, as the bearings were kind of loud, and after 55 m/h was funny driving.... it was for one day so it was not big deal. we avoid any pay toll on our trip, until we got back to Manhattan and enter through george washigton bridge, got into turnpike after secaucus which the toll is no more than USd 3, which now they charge on my credit card USd 18,95 before I left avis offices when we return the car, I specifically asked how much I will be charged, plus that I will need the detail mailed to my email address were the girl in the counter said that that was not going to happen as it was done automatically but not to be worried as the charge will be only the cost of the toll plus use 3,50 for the fee of using "toll beep" which was already twisted. the charge for the gasoline was outrageous, 5,70 the gallon, for which I had to pay 75 dollar only for half a tank!!! Never in my life renting a car was so a dissaster!! and I have travel to southamerica, europe, and in the US to california and florida renting a car and it was never so awful experience. I definitely will ask for my money back and not renting anything from avis again, and I will make sure that any person that I know won't rent with them again!
Review
Service
Avis Mitsubishi Car Rental
Cons
  • Avis lying to rip people off
  • Service and quality of car receivd
Reason of review