Complaint to Avis

Dear Sir,Madam

It is with great sadness and disappointment I am writing this note to let you know why myself, friends and working colleagues will never rent vehicles from your company again.

I rented a vehicle at 10555 Westheimer road suite C Houston Texas 77042 Westchase on Sunday 17th and returned it on Friday 22nd june around 9:30. The rental agreement number was 281812182 and the reservation number was 23250044-US-6 ,plate number TXJJC 9937 and the Avis car number was 81906795 . The person who rented me the vehicle was named Justin . On my way back to my hotel I discovered I had left my laptop bag in the back seat of the vehicle. Within 10 mins of leaving the Avis location I called the Avis branch and reported the left item and indicated I would be back in ten minutes to collect my bag.

When I returned to the Avis office and enquired of my bag I was told there was no bag ,when I enquired further my iPad was provided and I was told it was all that was found in the vehicle.

I continued to protest to the manager about my missing Lenovo laptop and a number of memory sticks that contain information related to my MBA program and my field of work. With little help provided by the Avis staff a colleague and I proceeded to walk around the compound.

We found the laptop bag inside a very filthy dumpster 2 (two) feet away from where the Avis vehicles were being cleaned. We next proceeded to inform the manager who got a chair and a broom and fished the laptop bag from the dumpster however the computer, phones, memory sticks, and associated attachments were missing.

We pleaded with the Avis manager and desk staff to enquire from his staff about the whereabouts of the missing items but he seemed hesitant to do so. I even offered money if the items were returned but was met with what seemed as indifference.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the theft was committed by personnel working at this Avis location.

I believe this could be verified by footage from the cameras for the other businesses that shared the same location.

The cost of the stolen items is not the greatest loss but the content of the material on the computer and memory sticks are priceless and contained many years of effort.

After renting vehicles from different companies for many years. This has been my absolute worst experience for my family and I who were there to celebrate my birthday on the said day.

I am hoping my experience with this agency is not a reflection of Avis and other people will not suffer the same fate as I did

I however will not be renting any vehicle from Avis in the future and will continue to alert others of my experiences.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Manager.

Preferred solution: Items to be recovered .avis investigation to be done and guilty personnel to be prosecuted .

Comments