Niagara Falls, Ontario
3.4
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Rented a Yukon from Niagara Falls office July 9th 2016 from Fares.Went through the typical stuff.

Submitted the information. Went out to the vehicle, signed the papers and away I went. Went on our day trip, from my house to our destination which was my brothers house and back home. Went to return the vehicle, go into the office, the agent walks out to I assume check the fuel and comes back in a few moments later and says "you know the vehicle is damaged." I went out with her and she showed me bumper damage.

The funny thing is I live a few minutes from Avis and a few moments before I returned it I unloaded the few things from the back and walked around the vehicle checking to see if I should wash it before returning it checked the fuel and off I went. I am submitting a picture as this is an interesting crack. Anyway there is a crack at the corner seem at the rear bumper. Ok so I have purchased the damage insurance and so on so no big deal but I did say to her that I did not do anything to cause that damage.

This vehicle has a back up camera and all the protection it can offer. She then throws this paper in my face saying that I signed off on the walk around. I said what walk around. She said when Fares walked around with you.

Nope he didn't. So she calls him. He says he did the walk around. Ok now I am pissed off.

He took me out to the vehicle, showed me the fuel, told me to bring it back with the same level and then asked if I am ok to back it up and that was the end of it. Told this to the agent and she started telling me that they don't have to do it and how its up to the customer to inspect the vehicle. Nice way to try and recover from this one. Ok so the vehicle has damage, there is damage insurance and I am pissed off and Fares has now lied.

Further there are other customers in there that is listening to this. So now this is going further. I asked what is the point here and if I was expected to pay for the damages and she had said no. Now this becomes a principal issue.

No idea how the crack happened but it sure looks like someone could pop it back into place and disguise it. I didn't try to but now I am thinking I should have tried to see if that's the case. So maybe on a walk around it may have been overlooked. She said that where the vehicle came from in Toronto that they will not release the vehicle with damage.

The only issue here is Fares saying he did something he didn't. They are supposed to walk around with you to inspect the vehicle. Sure he was busy, there were several people waiting to rent or return and apparently he had 30 something reservations that he indicated. He was nice enough to us.

Went out of his way to get us what we needed which was important. Just don't like the fact that he lied about a walk around inspection. I am a manager where I work and I would not want my staff to lie to anyone. If they missed something so be it.

But to call a customer a liar is not a good thing. So I am going to contact Rubina, his manager and bring this to her attention and further going up the ladder. Might have to pursue it with head office as many occasions managers and staff are friends so there is lack of discipline. I believe the building has video cameras so i will start there.

Oh yes and further showing the basic features of the vehicle would be good to. Info about the headlights, windshield washers and refueling and so on.

Either way our trip was good.The vehicle met our needs.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Went out of their way to get me what i needed.

I didn't like: Being lied to and being accused of lying, Being accused of damaging a vehicle when i did not.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion