Wells,England

I rented a car for Avis in Wichita Kansas. The customer service rep was not welcoming and friendly at all.

She gave me a car that did not even have a USB port so that I could charge my phone and also have access to Google maps to get directions to my hotel. I went back inside to the counter to inform of the need for a USB and request for another car. She tired to charge me additional fees which I refused to pay. She then offered another car.

I asked if that car had a USB and her response was I don't know, so I asked that she get up and walk outside to verify. With an attitude, she asked that I meet her to the car space. I walked outside and stood in excess of 20 minutes until one of the attendants asked me if I needed help with something. I asked for a manager who came outside in the hot garage where I waited.

He came back with the keys to the car that we were supposed to be checking for the USB and said that the representative had to keys next to her but she got busy with a line of customers. So, I asked him was it customary that they ask their customer to go into the hot garage and wait for them, then they turn around and assist other customers before completion of servicing the previous customer? He of course said no and apologized again... I told him that I wanted this incident documented on paper because this is unacceptable and not in good taste for a major rent a car company.

I am very sad to say that Kansas totally dropped the ball which does not reflect on the other cities (Avis) that I have rented with which went over above and beyond. Kansas could use more customer service training and also better cars because my car wheel alignment is so bad that if I let the wheel go for even a second, I may end up in Oklahoma.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments