I reserved a car online for $408.When I went to pick up the car, I noticed that it was too small for my family and luggage.

I upgraded and the lady at the counter told me that it would be an additional $70 to which I agreed. When I got my credit card statement, I was charged for the full rental instead of just the upgrade. I have two charges, the original $408 and one for $478.

I have called them three times and they have been no help at all.My last hope is that my dispute with my credit card company is successful.

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments

it would have been cheaper to rent a car at the counter. and I hope you got a refund

The 408 is a pending charge and will drop off. The 478 will post. Happrns like that with all car rental agencies.

#1361989

No, the credit card company is not your last resort by any means although it's a good place to start.

You must establish a paper trail otherwise. All future correspondence between you and Avis must be in writing and sent via Certified Mail, return receipt requested.

I hope you have copies of everything that's ever happened since Day-1because documents rule !