I reserved a car online for $408. When I went to pick up the car, I noticed that it was too small for my family and luggage.

I upgraded and the lady at the counter told me that it would be an additional $70 to which I agreed. When I got my credit card statement, I was charged for the full rental instead of just the upgrade. I have two charges, the original $408 and one for $478.

I have called them three times and they have been no help at all. My last hope is that my dispute with my credit card company is successful.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 20, 2017.

Comments

it would have been cheaper to rent a car at the counter. and I hope you got a refund

The 408 is a pending charge and will drop off. The 478 will post. Happrns like that with all car rental agencies.

#1361989

No, the credit card company is not your last resort by any means although it's a good place to start.

You must establish a paper trail otherwise. All future correspondence between you and Avis must be in writing and sent via Certified Mail, return receipt requested.

I hope you have copies of everything that's ever happened since Day-1because documents rule !