Troy, Michigan

If I can rate a 0 to Avis, I will definitely do it! Avis charged me $1,747 for renting a Ford focus for one day!

This is what happened:

I was a teacher who just arrived America, and need to rent a car, so I went to one of Avis store locating in Waterford and they gave me a ford focus with half-full gas, and I was told just keep it half full when I return it(while I was charged $60 for keeping it half full at last, WTF!) While the next day the car was towed by police, and I called them to tow it back since the police said it had to be Avis to do so. But after they send some guy to tow it back, the car was gone for several days(during which I called them millions of times but was told they had no idea where the car was, and keeping charging me more than $140 per day!) Several days later they finally told me that the car appeared in a remote airport where one of their department locates. After negotiating with them millions of times, they could not give me a reason where the car was and just charged me more than $1,700 with 8 days rental fee and towing fee and $60 gas fee(which they promised to refund me but they didn't!)

They just took advantage of someone who was new here and tried to ignore you after they got your money.

This is a company without morality. Don't be another victim.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Avis Cons: Customer service.

• Avis Responsibility

Comments

As a current employee who plans to leave in the very near future, I apologize for way you were treated and the horrific service you recieved. As a teacher and a foreigner, you should have been treated with and dignity.

Again, my sincere apologies.

God Bless.

Sounds like your car was impounded ***, your fault, not police not rental company.

Avis Reviews