1.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

August 2018. Reservation number 30562577-US-3.

I made car rental arrangements by phone (in English) a few days before traveling to Montreal from Arizona. At YUL, Avis was out of small cars so the Agent gave me a Ford Flex instead of a Hyundai Elantra. Charges were added to the amount quoted earlier. I was told the office would be open 24-7 for the return.

I could not get a hold of anyone at Avis other than a recording. Upon my return, 6, instead of 7 days later, I learned (from a personal acquaintance) that there would be no personnel at Avis after 11 p.m. and no one before 9 a.m., so I had to spend the night at the airport to catch my fight in the morning and be able to have enough time to return the car before my flight. The Agent, in his own words, said that he spoke nor French, nor English, nor "Franglish" (his word), but something like that!

When I asked the details of what he was billing me for, he called me a "baby", mocked me, yelled at me, walked away! My bill ended up 3 times the amount quoted originally. Avis would not apply the USAA 25% discount offered to its members. Upon writing a factual complaint to an Avis, a "Representative, Account Services", responded to my complaint that it was but my "perception"!

Needless to say, my need for truth was not met; my expectations for what was promised were not satisfied; the assistance I hoped for was instead an utter lack of caring; the customer support non-existent. No attempt at correcting the problem was made on the part of Avis, no refund, no USAA rebate extended.

I experienced the worse car rental experience ever with Avis. I ask for the refund of the overcharge + the 25% rebate as a USAA member.

Reason of review: Bad customer service, overcharged.

Comments