I rented a vehicle from AVIS last year at the Tulsa, OK airport for one day. Everything went well until weeks later when I received a letter from AVIS accusing me to have smoked in the car and that the charge for cleaning is USD 150.00. I called immediately the number on the letter and they referred me to the Tulsa location.

I called the Tulsa location and explained to them that I do not smoke. They told me that the local manager will call me back. The manager never called back and when the charge appeared on my company credit card I called the AVIS number again. This time the customer service person simply told me that he doesn’t believe me and that the evidence (they emailed me some blurry pictures of white what they claimed to be cigarette ashes on the floor) shows that I am not telling the truth.

I told him that I do not like to be called a liar but he kept telling me that I am in the wrong.

I used AVIS for 4 years exclusively at least 2-3 times per month. I do not smoke and I do not deserve that someone tells me that I do and charges me USD 150.00 for it.

They lost a good customer and I recommend that everyone using them carefully inspects the vehicle at pickup and drop-off and have the local staff confirm that the car is in good condition.

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments