Avis - Charged for a reservation that was cancelled -

204 of 388 Avis reviews

My corporate card was charged ( again ) after a cancellation.

Avis advised me that, since they could find no record, they were not responsible for any charges, as my credit card statement just said Rental Car.

Here is the last reply I received from Avis:

"Thank you for contacting Avis Customer Service.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Upon review our records show the reservation confirmed in your name for check out on September 8, at the Santiago airport location (SCL) was canceled four days prior to check out and the reservation was not used to create a rental contract. Unfortunately, we cannot locate an actual rental agreement when searching our database using your information and the screen shot of the credit card charge you provided does not specify the charge was imposed by Avis.

At this time we ask that you please contact our Customer Service Desk by phone. The representative with whom you speak will be able to search for the rental using the full credit card number to which you were charged.

Please know providing personally identifiable information by email is not a secure forum. For the safety of your personal information you may phone 1-800-352-7900 Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 7:30 PM CST and Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM to 6:30PM CST.

Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us, and we look forward to serving you again soon."

They refused to reimburse, or even check with their local agency in Santiago. My company cancelled my card and holds me liable for the charge.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Cancelled Reservation Charge
Review category
Rentals
review #544395

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avis? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
204 of 388 Avis reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Avis. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Avis.
Filing a new complaint about
×