My corporate card was charged ( again ) after a cancellation.
Avis advised me that, since they could find no record, they were not responsible for any charges, as my credit card statement just said Rental Car.
Here is the last reply I received from Avis:
"Thank you for contacting Avis Customer Service.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Upon review our records show the reservation confirmed in your name for check out on September 8, at the Santiago airport location (SCL) was canceled four days prior to check out and the reservation was not used to create a rental contract. Unfortunately, we cannot locate an actual rental agreement when searching our database using your information and the screen shot of the credit card charge you provided does not specify the charge was imposed by Avis.
At this time we ask that you please contact our Customer Service Desk by phone. The representative with whom you speak will be able to search for the rental using the full credit card number to which you were charged.
Please know providing personally identifiable information by email is not a secure forum. For the safety of your personal information you may phone 1-800-352-7900 Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 7:30 PM CST and Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM to 6:30PM CST.
Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us, and we look forward to serving you again soon."
They refused to reimburse, or even check with their local agency in Santiago. My company cancelled my card and holds me liable for the charge.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cancelled Reservation Charge
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was very disappointed that Avis charged me an additional $17.36 after having driven the car a whopping grand total of 8 miles(to/from an airport hotel)! The needle didn't..."
- "Well... I was on my way to becoming a frequent Enterprise rent-a-car (and truck) customer....until this morning that is. Last week I was in TX (Abliene, TX) and had a great..."
- "Veronica Winona Osterstuck (Also uses the name Veronica Neponsixterstuck) has been arrested for THEFT and was arrested again for BATTERY (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE), then arrested yet again for DUI. This..."
- "Are you serious no ones wants the new creepy lps. No one gives a *** about Ur company cuz i dont like. Yeah i know you have been improving ur..."
- "Absolute fraud!!! Provided me with false tracking numbers! I ordered two separate jerseys and later I find two foreign atm charges and two separate charges that were linked to..."
- "I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011. The model is 665.13742K603. After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."