My corporate card was charged ( again ) after a cancellation.
Avis advised me that, since they could find no record, they were not responsible for any charges, as my credit card statement just said Rental Car.
Here is the last reply I received from Avis:
"Thank you for contacting Avis Customer Service.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Upon review our records show the reservation confirmed in your name for check out on September 8, at the Santiago airport location (SCL) was canceled four days prior to check out and the reservation was not used to create a rental contract. Unfortunately, we cannot locate an actual rental agreement when searching our database using your information and the screen shot of the credit card charge you provided does not specify the charge was imposed by Avis.
At this time we ask that you please contact our Customer Service Desk by phone. The representative with whom you speak will be able to search for the rental using the full credit card number to which you were charged.
Please know providing personally identifiable information by email is not a secure forum. For the safety of your personal information you may phone 1-800-352-7900 Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 7:30 PM CST and Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM to 6:30PM CST.
Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us, and we look forward to serving you again soon."
They refused to reimburse, or even check with their local agency in Santiago. My company cancelled my card and holds me liable for the charge.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cancelled Reservation Charge
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "Rented a car from Palm Beach location, 2 days later discovered tire flat called my private roadsie assistance company only to discover that they had rented me a car with..."
- "On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan,..."
- "Hi I just want to inform the public that we recently purchased a home in which Keller Williams Bothell aka Pickett Street was the listing Broker . The agent..."
- "I used my tumbler in the Philippines, where there was always an issue with my water or ice. In March of 2015, I took two tumblers in hope they would..."
- "The isles are terrible I honestly have never seen a store so poorly presented, the lights were dim and nearly every isle looked like this. it's embarrassing honestly I've never..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."