2.2

My corporate card was charged ( again ) after a cancellation.

Avis advised me that, since they could find no record, they were not responsible for any charges, as my credit card statement just said Rental Car.

Here is the last reply I received from Avis:

"Thank you for contacting Avis Customer Service.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Upon review our records show the reservation confirmed in your name for check out on September 8, at the Santiago airport location (SCL) was canceled four days prior to check out and the reservation was not used to create a rental contract. Unfortunately, we cannot locate an actual rental agreement when searching our database using your information and the screen shot of the credit card charge you provided does not specify the charge was imposed by Avis.

At this time we ask that you please contact our Customer Service Desk by phone. The representative with whom you speak will be able to search for the rental using the full credit card number to which you were charged.

Please know providing personally identifiable information by email is not a secure forum. For the safety of your personal information you may phone 1-800-352-7900 Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 7:30 PM CST and Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM to 6:30PM CST.

Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us, and we look forward to serving you again soon."

They refused to reimburse, or even check with their local agency in Santiago. My company cancelled my card and holds me liable for the charge.

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments