My corporate card was charged ( again ) after a cancellation.
Avis advised me that, since they could find no record, they were not responsible for any charges, as my credit card statement just said Rental Car.
Here is the last reply I received from Avis:
"Thank you for contacting Avis Customer Service.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Upon review our records show the reservation confirmed in your name for check out on September 8, at the Santiago airport location (SCL) was canceled four days prior to check out and the reservation was not used to create a rental contract. Unfortunately, we cannot locate an actual rental agreement when searching our database using your information and the screen shot of the credit card charge you provided does not specify the charge was imposed by Avis.
At this time we ask that you please contact our Customer Service Desk by phone. The representative with whom you speak will be able to search for the rental using the full credit card number to which you were charged.
Please know providing personally identifiable information by email is not a secure forum. For the safety of your personal information you may phone 1-800-352-7900 Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 7:30 PM CST and Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM to 6:30PM CST.
Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us, and we look forward to serving you again soon."
They refused to reimburse, or even check with their local agency in Santiago. My company cancelled my card and holds me liable for the charge.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cancelled Reservation Charge
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Rented a Yukon from Niagara Falls office July 9th 2016 from Fares. Went through the typical stuff. Submitted the information. Went out to the vehicle, signed the papers and away..."
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "I have been researching the Internet and have found that there are several hundred customers of Cruise America that had the SAME EXACT ISSUES I Had! Faulty Equipment, Unauthorized Charges..."
- "I have ordered numerous products from SOE and they are great, the belts fray a little over time but they're still tough. I've used some of their stuff in a..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "My ZeroWater gasket, in the spigot of the 23 cup unit, has seemed to catch itself up within the unit. Now, my water trickles out instead of coming out with..."
- "Here is the problem: A 12 dollar tailgate cable for my truck broke. Ithas one small end and one slotted end for quick removal. Without thetwo different ends, the part..."
- "I used my tumbler in the Philippines, where there was always an issue with my water or ice. In March of 2015, I took two tumblers in hope they would..."
- "Hi I just want to inform the public that we recently purchased a home in which Keller Williams Bothell aka Pickett Street was the listing Broker . The agent..."