To Whom This May Concern,
RE: Case #16574209
I had a horrible experience with the service at the Avis located in the EXCALIBUR Hotel and Casino (3850 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109). There an Indian man who said his name was Shawn (agent ID #68691, he would not give his last name but said he was the manager?) Shawn refused to give me my car which I had already reserved.
It all started the day prior to renting the car. I went to the Avis rental desk and Shawn was not at his desk at 4:45 although the desk did not close until 5 and I waited for 15 minutes to see if anybody would show up. I ended up calling Avis on the phone and reserved a car. The next day when I went to pick up the car, Shawn said there was no reservation under my name. I said I made the reservation on the phone because he was not there yesterday. Shawn screamed at me that he was there until 5:15 yesterday and told me the only car available to rent was over $200.
I told him that I reserved a car for under $80 he called me crazy and told me to leave. I proceeded to take his photo (see attached photo) and said I was calling Avis to see about my car. When I did call Avis they said that there were definitely cars available under $200 and that they would talk to "Shawn" on the phone about it. I kept Avis on the phone and returned to the AVIS desk and said to Shawn, "I have Avis on the phone can you talk to them?". He said he was refusing to talk to them and refused to rent me the car. "Shawn" was rude, he resorted to name calling and would not speak to me or the Avis representative on the phone. Shawn made it so I had to take my business to another Avis office at Mandalay Bay.
Your business is customer service and I don't think that this man should be representing Avis. I feel that this man should be fired as he is affecting your business and your reputation. You may want to look at the other review on Yelp. I hope that Avis resolves this horrible situation so that no one else has to go through the horrible situation I did.
Confirmation number: 32371964US2
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We traveled to Spain in a big group and rented 3 units of 7-seater cars (Volkswagen Touran or similar) with Avis. Full payment has been made 3 weeks before the..."
- "I had made a 10 day reservation from Nov 17-27 for AVIS and made me pre-pay. We decided to cut our trip in half and tried to modify our reservation,..."
- "Was given a compact car instead of the mid class, and was charged over 700.00$$ After quote was under 400.00$$ for a week. Price jacking took all my food and..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."
- "To whom it may concern, on 8/1/2016 my sister and I stopped at the Del Taco Drive Thru located at 9680 Las Vegas Blvd S ( at Silverado Ranch Blvd) at..."
- "They will commit FRAUD if necessary. My measurements were tampered with in my profile. Luckily I printed out a copy when I placed the order. Shoulders were supposed to be..."
- "I purchased abed comforter and paid $69.00 plus an additional shipping which totaled to %78.90. When it arrived and I had place on bed, I had noticed that the..."