Pleasant Grove, Utah

We rented a 15 passenger van from Avis. Immediately broke down.

Engine light on, needed an oil change, wouldn't go over 10 miles per hour. Needed a replacement. None to be found. Forced to take a Ford Fusion which was a joke.

Ended up having to take an additional personal car, up all night trying to cram luggage in for 12 people. Had to buy a luggage rack at Walmart in the middle of the night. Twice the gas, twice the parking fees. Avis charged us for a days rental on the van.

Refuses to refund. Ruined our vacation. What a horrible company. Turning in loyalty card.

Don't rent from them. Very poor customer service.

Can't believe they don't feel at all responsible for this disaster. I guess they don't want repeat customers or satisfied customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Ford Car Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Machele
#1193858

You probably should have gone to another Avis location and turned in the other vehicles for a larger one. The Avis locations at airports usually have more vehicles than at other sites.

Complain to Avis corporate, of course. They have a website.

I wonder what's going on with Avis? I used to rent from them exclusively as I found Hertz to be rude to anyone traveling in uniform but haven't rented a car in a couple of years now tho I see alot of complaints about Avis lately.

Avis Reviews