Miami, Florida

Rented a car from Avis a week ago, been charged $ 50 more then my confirmation said, after returning a car an hour later then supposed to , was charged for the whole 2nd day of rental. Car was full of gas, but i still was charged for a full tank.

CRAZY!!! called the company, manager agreed to refund $ 65 (gas and original reservation cost). Couple of days later checking my account - not only they didn't refund me $ 65 but charged another $ 14 for God knows what.

Worst experience of my life, will NEVER recommend anyone using this company unless you wanna call your bank and dispute charges. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Car Rental.

Avis Cons: Overcharged, Avis poor service.

Comments

Dona

Your mistake was in giving them access to your bank account. Never, ever rent a car with anything other than a credit card.

Using a debit card, etc. is giving companies a license to just charge away, knowing they get the money instantly. As for Avis, I prefer them over Hertz after Hertz treated my son coming home on leave from Iraq was treated badly by Hertz personnel in Denver a few years ago.

Avis stepped in and was wonderful. Complain to Avis corporate about this location.

Avis Reviews