Kansas City, Missouri

I rented a car through Priceline and Avis was the company supplying the car. This was the first time I have tried Priceline.

Avis did not have the Nissan Versa which I figured would be the case and no mention was made the the car I was given was an 'upgrade.' I stated I would be happy to drive any similar car on the contract. The car smelled bad and an icon came on the first day I had the car that said the brakes were bad. I notified Avis and the 2nd day the icon went away. I continued to use the car.

I returned it with a full tank and found out after I came home that I had been charged an additional $227.79 for an 'upgrade.' I am not certain exactly how a a smelly car with a brake problem qualifies as an upgrade. My receipt says it was a compact car which was the same car I contracted to rent. I contacted Avis which then sent me a signed document that is not my signature stating I agreed to the upgrade. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company.

I agree, NEVER USE AVIS and certainly do not use it if you are going through Priceline.

I happened also make a rental through Priceline with Alamo and had no problem whatsoever. Although I am not a proponent of suing, I think it is time for a class action lawsuit.

Comments

Yes, this happened to me as well. Will first complain and then see what happens.

Avis Reviews