I rented from Avis for years. I joined the Preferred Avis Membership in 2014.

I filled out all of the forms that I thought I was supposed to fill out. I received my membership Wizard ID. With my company, I was renting many times a year. I decided to go on a trip with my family and use some of my earned rental points.

I logged on and had none. I went to the web site to look for a number so I could talk to someone. You should try it, They made it very hard to find a customer service number. I found one finally, I called and was transferred over and over just to be told that I couldn't just register for the card and the program but I had to sign on and select whether my points were going to AVIS or and Airline or Partner.

I talked to this person about getting credit. (I had expense reports and documentation when I had rented) the answer was "no" they can do nothing. I asked to talk to their supervisor. After a while, they agreed to give me 6 months of rental points.

I asked to talk to someone else and the supervisor said that he would talk to the people that might be able to do something but no promises. I received a email stating they could do nothing else. I called and got the 5 transfers and put on hold for close to 30 minutes and the answer was the same.

In my opinion, They know nothing about customer service. I mentioned in my return email other companies that understood the meaning of Customer Service and maybe they should reach out to them .

This is all my experience and opinions only. I will not rent with them again!!

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments