My connecting flight from Chicago to Indianapolis was canceled and I had to wait until morning for the next flight. Since I had a conference to attend I had to rent a car for a one way trip. I went to Avis and told to their representative at the front desk that I want an entry level cheap car that would just get me to Indy. I told him that will return the car next day to the Indy airport. He said OK and told me that he will arrange a better car for the same price. I was a bit shocked when I saw $180 as a total estimated charges but I had to take the car since I had no other option.
After returning the car they charged me $250. Upon asking why they told me that I should call the number on the rental agreement and open a discrepancy. So I did and the being at the other side of the line told me that I was above my mileage and that there is nothing it can do about it. Their complaints department sucks and they don't care at all about their customers.
I thought that Avis had unlimited mileage just like other US rental companies I used do far. Well I was so wrong the Avis played a nasty trick by limiting my mileage to 44 miles per day even knowing that I was traveling to Indy. So together with fuel costs my trip to indy costed almost $300.
I really feel bad that I haven't read all thee complaints here on this site. I swear I will never ever again use Avis in my life. I have already spread this cheap game to my country's IT and Scuba Diving community. I warned them all to inform everyone they know not to use this cheap tricky company.
In the end I did a mistake but you still have a chance not to make it!
Check the original receipts and agreement scans attached.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Avis fraud
- Avis tricks customers
- Avis is a failure
- Avis has terrible service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The rudest person on Earth, a big scary-looking guy called Darren, tricked me into paying double for my rental at the AVIS's L street office in Washington DC. I came..."
- "Experienced worst service ever. They charged me $440 for renting a car for 4 days. They have never informed me beforehand that I have to refill the fuel tank when..."
- "In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..."
- "I purchased a blue and white floral dress online. Money was taken out of my account. I watched my mailbox for months witing for it to arrive and it never..."
- "Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased. I..."
- "American Muscle Car in Crystal Lake, run by 'Thomas' is the biggest crook you will ever meet. My father had a comsignment comtract with him that started 11-10-14, my father..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."