My connecting flight from Chicago to Indianapolis was canceled and I had to wait until morning for the next flight. Since I had a conference to attend I had to rent a car for a one way trip. I went to Avis and told to their representative at the front desk that I want an entry level cheap car that would just get me to Indy. I told him that will return the car next day to the Indy airport. He said OK and told me that he will arrange a better car for the same price. I was a bit shocked when I saw $180 as a total estimated charges but I had to take the car since I had no other option.
After returning the car they charged me $250. Upon asking why they told me that I should call the number on the rental agreement and open a discrepancy. So I did and the being at the other side of the line told me that I was above my mileage and that there is nothing it can do about it. Their complaints department sucks and they don't care at all about their customers.
I thought that Avis had unlimited mileage just like other US rental companies I used do far. Well I was so wrong the Avis played a nasty trick by limiting my mileage to 44 miles per day even knowing that I was traveling to Indy. So together with fuel costs my trip to indy costed almost $300.
I really feel bad that I haven't read all thee complaints here on this site. I swear I will never ever again use Avis in my life. I have already spread this cheap game to my country's IT and Scuba Diving community. I warned them all to inform everyone they know not to use this cheap tricky company.
In the end I did a mistake but you still have a chance not to make it!
Check the original receipts and agreement scans attached.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Avis fraud
- Avis tricks customers
- Avis is a failure
- Avis has terrible service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Thirteen Days Ago, on July 18, 2014, around 8:30am, my parked Chrysler 300C was hit by an Enterprise Chevy Captiva rental car. My car was knocked up on the curb..."
- "My friend rented a car through RelayRides in El Segundo Ca. On 5/27/15 I borrowed the car to take things to my storage and picked up a passengenger who was..."
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- "The photos you're looking at are of a dead moth inside a torn ripped stained wedding dress that Colorado Bridal DBA D'Anelli Bridal in Lakewood, Colorado sold me for THOUSANDS..."
- "The typical U.S. consumer is not the smartest person on the planet; with average IQs that barely suffice in typical high schools, the average Joe is inevitably forced to indulge..."
- "I was driving west bound in Chicago when I was struck from a careless driver who seems to have lost control of his motorcycle. He struck my vehicle from..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."