100% full Not resolved

My connecting flight from Chicago to Indianapolis was canceled and I had to wait until morning for the next flight. Since I had a conference to attend I had to rent a car for a one way trip. I went to Avis and told to their representative at the front desk that I want an entry level cheap car that would just get me to Indy. I told him that will return the car next day to the Indy airport. He said OK and told me that he will arrange a better car for the same price. I was a bit shocked when I saw $180 as a total estimated charges but I had to take the car since I had no other option.

After returning the car they charged me $250. Upon asking why they told me that I should call the number on the rental agreement and open a discrepancy. So I did and the being at the other side of the line told me that I was above my mileage and that there is nothing it can do about it. Their complaints department sucks and they don't care at all about their customers.

I thought that Avis had unlimited mileage just like other US rental companies I used do far. Well I was so wrong the Avis played a nasty trick by limiting my mileage to 44 miles per day even knowing that I was traveling to Indy. So together with fuel costs my trip to indy costed almost $300.

I really feel bad that I haven't read all thee complaints here on this site. I swear I will never ever again use Avis in my life. I have already spread this cheap game to my country's IT and Scuba Diving community. I warned them all to inform everyone they know not to use this cheap tricky company.

In the end I did a mistake but you still have a chance not to make it!

Check the original receipts and agreement scans attached.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Oktay stated that there is a room for improvement of avis fraud and avis tricks customers. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "fraud" of car rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $70. Avis needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Avis.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments