Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

1.Ordered a pre-paid rental card.

The rental fee was debited from my account. 2. A few hours later after the car rental was secured, a mystery charge from Avis appeared as a pending transaction. Avis was called several times - received 3 or 4 different stories on along with a promise the pending transaction would be backed out.

3. Called the bank - they flagged the transaction and after all of the "we'll back it out", "we won't charge your account" - 48 hours later, Avis took the money from my account. 4. Pure fraud by theft.

I will don't have the money back. Sad thing - this was a card given to family members rushing to dying Grandfather's side. I used another card to get them a hotel (thankfully they had some cash until I could put more money on the card). 5.

Avis customer "service" - were snotty, full of different stories and ultimately just stole the money. 6. Bank agrees it was fraud (they interacted w/Avis as well). Must file fraud report, cancel card after my husband and sons get some cash for food, etc.

Then have to overnight mail a new card to the family who is across the country. 7. All of this...while dealing with an impending loss and Avis? No human decency.

Outright theft.They knowingly took that money.

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Fraud by theft.

I didn't like: Fraud by theft and lying, Hated, Avis is a failure.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments