Sofia, Sofia (Stolitsa)
2.0

Made a reservation for a Ford Transit vehicle for my families trip to Miami International Airport. We were moving to Europe and needed a large van.

Six suitcases, carry-ons, and the family! I called multiple times to confirm that my rental vehicle would be there. I was ASSURED that (although they couldn't guarantee a Ford Transit) a vehicle able to expedite our trip would be available ON TIME.

I had a 8:00 AM reservation.

That's when the office opens.My wife and I arrived at 7:50 and were the first in line for our vehicle. Everyone else was waiting at the house ready to load up and get to the airport. I was informed that there wasn't a vehicle there to accommodate our needs and that she wasn't sure when one would arrive! She grudgingly made a few phone calls.

She said she hoped one would be there by 9:30!! We had a 2 hour drive ahead of us and would probably miss our international flight....to make a long story short, she was right, we did have a Ford Transit van by 9:40 AM . We only had to wait long enough to miss our non refundable flights to get one!!! After complaining about my experience I was, in there defense, offered a $30 off coupon for a future rental!

I think somehow they missed the point. I suggested that they review they're policy as a company regarding promised reservations. I will complain to the Better Business Bureau. I politely declined their offer.The inconvenience they caused me was unexplainable...a $30 off coupon for a future rental????

It's so sad it's almost funny.

By the way - when the vehicle arrived 1 hour and 40 minutes late they quickly cleaned it and handed me the keys as I had made it clear we would probably miss our flight. I didn't even look at the agreement as it was filled out before the vehicle was cleaned so I could depart immediately after the cleaning. They charged me a fuel charge of over $9 a gallon after I stopped on the Florida Turnpike to refuel.

They insisted that the vehicle was basically full of gas.It absolutely wasn't.

They told me they had to get the vehicle there from 1 hour away....enough ***...I can't begin to convey my experience here. ..

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Ford Car Rental.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Machele
#1192507

Complain to Avis corporate. They have a website.

Avis Reviews