Piscataway Township, New Jersey

This is a True story. So please beware of such Cheating from AVIS Car Rental.

Location: 550 Rt 1 North, Edison, NJ 08817

I had a reservation(# 4446-9390-US-0) to pick up a Minivan(Toyota Sienna) on 09-July-2016 at 8 AM for 2 days to go to Niagra Falls. When I arrive at 8.05 AM, they very casually tell me that the vehicle is not there currently and not sure when it will be available. When I asked for an approximation wait time, they say they cannot comment as it may be hour; half day etc. I patiently put up with them for 2 hours. Then those guys asked me to call and talk to the AVIS customer care to see if they can do something for me(Why the *** am I supposed to do that). But still I called, and after some chit chat of 30 min, the customer service personnel said that he could manage a minivan(Toyota Sienna) and is available at their Newark Airport location and asked me to pick up from there. So, I had to again ask my friend to take to my family all the way from Edison to Newark airport. Meanwhile, I asked the Avis Edison to atleast confirm the reservation at newark location which they said has been confirmed and the MiniVan would be Toyota sienna. When I finally reach there newark location; they said they do not minivan and tried to manage a Flex(Worst vehicle with no leg room at the last row). They did not honor the reservation even at this location and said all vehicles are sold out.

Finally at 11.45 am; I was left with no choice but to cancel my Niagra trip. This is a pain and humiliation caused to me and my family from Avis at their edison Center. All my plans for Niagra falls and family re-union was shattered and AVIS seem to be least bothered about this when I talk to their Edison center.

I am surprised that such business still thrive in a professional country like US where customer are held at High esteem. Is there no accountability for such pain caused in this country? Can they run away with a meager apology? Not sure how many others have been left cheated in this way?

I have raised a customer complaint in their call center. I will Update the result of this in few days.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Avis Cons: Being cheated.

Comments

#1196915

Same thing happened to me,filed a claim was told supervisor will contact me in 48 hrs. But i have not heard anything back, called cus service several times they said nothing they can do. Worst customer servise ever

Avis Reviews