Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, 850 Gallatin Field Rd #2, Belgrade, MT 59714, USA

Can't believe I never noticed this before.I've been an Avis Wizard member since 2006....always topped off tank before returning; However, got sidetracked and didn't for 1st time ever.

First off, my bad for not picking up on fuel fees in the fine print. I mistakenly thought that fuel fee was at market rate (ie...approx. what you'd pay at a gas station). Nope....I dropped rental off at Bozeman, MT airport with 3/4 fuel left in tank, and was charged $54.12 for that missing 1/4 tank.

Crazy!!! Especially considering that during the rental I had driven the car to nearly empty and it cost me $26.32 to fill the entire tank!!! So basically, for a measly 1/4 tank of gas, Avis charged me twice the amount that it would cost to fill the entire tank on the vehicle! This is beyond outrageous price gouging and suffice it to say....I've learned my lesson.

And, this one instance is so egregious...I won't be an Avis customer any longer.So long Avis....

Review about: Avis Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments

it is in the contract that you signed... that if you don't fill it up they will charge you almost 10 dollars a gallon. should have prepaid...then....no worries.

Furthermore it states it on your preferred contract your given about the fee.

I don't understand what this has to do with Avis.All car rental companies work this way.

You admitted that you didn't read the fine print. There's a reason they give you the option to fill the tank before returning the car.

You chose not to do that and paid the price.This is on you.