I was very disappointed that Avis charged me an additional $17.36 after having driven the car a whopping grand total of 8 miles(to/from an airport hotel)!The needle didn't even move on the gas meter.

They (later) said the onus was on me to produce a receipt proving I fueled up w/ 8 miles worth of gas (I guess about 25-50 cents worth) in the car. I called both the asst-manager (Robert-SFO who said he'd take care of it and get back to me and to my knowledge never did) and AVIS direct 1 (800) 352-7900. I finally got a -promise- for a $12 refund (still waiting for confirmation on that) on the $17. I think this is a unfortunate / deceptive practice for several reasons.

1) the return man never mentioned this - just handed me the bill which I was too travel-weary to dispute at the time 2) doesn't make sense to drive miles out the way to fill up a few drops of gas -wear and tear on car / time etc...

3) after paying $108 for the rental they should have some 'grace gas' to avoid this type of insanity.I'm not sure if this is an industry standard (still doesn't excuse it) but needless to say I will AVOID AVIS in future if possible.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of avis car rental from Avis and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Avis to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Avis for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Avis?

Comments