I was very disappointed that Avis charged me an additional $17.36 after having driven the car a whopping grand total of 8 miles(to/from an airport hotel)!The needle didn't even move on the gas meter.
They (later) said the onus was on me to produce a receipt proving I fueled up w/ 8 miles worth of gas (I guess about 25-50 cents worth) in the car. I called both the asst-manager (Robert-SFO who said he'd take care of it and get back to me and to my knowledge never did) and AVIS direct 1 (800) 352-7900. I finally got a -promise- for a $12 refund (still waiting for confirmation on that) on the $17. I think this is a unfortunate / deceptive practice for several reasons.
1) the return man never mentioned this - just handed me the bill which I was too travel-weary to dispute at the time 2) doesn't make sense to drive miles out the way to fill up a few drops of gas -wear and tear on car / time etc...
3) after paying $108 for the rental they should have some 'grace gas' to avoid this type of insanity.I'm not sure if this is an industry standard (still doesn't excuse it) but needless to say I will AVOID AVIS in future if possible.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Airport Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport. First - bait & switch: they said they can..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "First time using VRBO and read the reviews, but went with it regardless. In the end, should have kept my hotel reservation for the same $$$. We arrived 1AM and..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "I bought your knives from BJ's for our new house. I was so excited to use them! They work great! Two days after using them i hand washed them and..."
- "I bought a living room bonded leather set for $3500 and they sold me a 5-year protection program which the salesman from the Jordan's store said it will cover absolutely..."
- "Stansberry Research has been sending me unsolicited emails for over a year despite my repeated requests for them to cease doing so. I contacted them twice earlier in 2015 via..."