Beware Avis filing claims against you
On 4/15/2011 I returned an Avis rental car to Springfield Branson Regional Airport. Earlier in the week I'd noticed a crack in the windshield. It started at the base of the windshield and extendded upwards a few inches. Since I didn't recall being hit by a rock, for all I know the crack had started before I rented the car. I was surprised when the woman at the counter asked me to fill out an "accident" report. I assumed the occasional cracked windshield was part of the cost of doing business for a rental car company. After being asked to provide my insurance info, I realized that for Avis at least, it is not.
Today I received a bill from a collection agency instead of a call from my insurance agent. I am appalled that Avis enlisted a collection agency instead of filing a claim using the insurance info I provided. To make matters worse, I'm being charged with a loss of use fee for three days. That is complete nonsense and highway robbery. Nothing about that cracked windshield prevented the car from being driven. My understanding is it takes about an hour to fix a cracked windshield. Along with ridiculous administrative fees of $50, I am livid.
I will never ever rent from Avis again and I will make sure that none of my friends and family are subjected to this brand of "customer service." I will use every means necessary to warn others against renting with Avis. Starting right here.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "Dear Sir,Recently, between 17/01 to 13/02/2013 rent car from LHR, in returning the car to my big surprise, I been kept for an hour questioning about ½ inch hair..."
- "At first rent a wheel in east las vegas nv. Was polite ,willing to help,friendly, i hit a pothole and ruined 1 tire ,i went in to get one tire he..."
- "After jumping though hoops to get the job I was ready for my first paycheck. I knew my direct deposit wouldn't be on for another week so i called..."
- "Resume services or give refund for not providing proper services. On 08-26-2015, my service with POW was interrupted with notice of wrong doing whatsoever. I still receive notifications from current..."
- "Placed an order with little credit,therefore.I was requested a deposit of half the order cost. Paid for the item in advance a Craftan 14.95 that cost me 22.59 with all..."
- "I received my Bruce Campbell Cream of Evil sweatshirt and it's by far the WORST piece of clothing I've ever purchased in my life!!! Graphics are extremely blurry and colors..."
- "Roofer installed Ice & Water Shield UNDER Drip Edge thus directing water into soffit, should have been installed OVER Drip Edge! Roofer ONLY installed but one row of..."
- " Contacted chat support & live called in to request a refund on 5 tickets ($47.75) I accidentally purchased yesterday on my way to the theatre. I explained my situation to..."