On 4/15/2011 I returned an Avis rental car to Springfield Branson Regional Airport. Earlier in the week I'd noticed a crack in the windshield. It started at the base of the windshield and extendded upwards a few inches. Since I didn't recall being hit by a rock, for all I know the crack had started before I rented the car. I was surprised when the woman at the counter asked me to fill out an "accident" report. I assumed the occasional cracked windshield was part of the cost of doing business for a rental car company. After being asked to provide my insurance info, I realized that for Avis at least, it is not.
Today I received a bill from a collection agency instead of a call from my insurance agent. I am appalled that Avis enlisted a collection agency instead of filing a claim using the insurance info I provided. To make matters worse, I'm being charged with a loss of use fee for three days. That is complete nonsense and highway robbery. Nothing about that cracked windshield prevented the car from being driven. My understanding is it takes about an hour to fix a cracked windshield. Along with ridiculous administrative fees of $50, I am livid.
I will never ever rent from Avis again and I will make sure that none of my friends and family are subjected to this brand of "customer service." I will use every means necessary to warn others against renting with Avis. Starting right here.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Windshield Problem
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "So had to take a last minute trip to Philadelphia. Arrived at 12:15 this morning and couldn't get any discount rate prior to arriving. Had to book a car for..."
- "The rudest person on Earth, a big scary-looking guy called Darren, tricked me into paying double for my rental at the AVIS's L street office in Washington DC. I came..."
- "Referring to my agreement no 125495381. I have rent a car from hertz office at double tree by Hilton on 8 July for 5 days. Then I return the car at..."
- "I had the WORST first experience with the company! I made two orders and BOTH were completely mest up one worst than the other one. The bases under the..."
- "I purchased an 8' tall double wrought iron door late spring of 2011. I have posted earlier of other problems with the door. A few weeks ago I..."
- "I will present the facts about this debit card and the reader can decide if they would purchase and use it. The first year I used..."
- "I bought the protection plan. Then when the men delivered the furniture smelled used. Not only that, the gram was broken in the sleeper sofa. I demanded a refund on..."
- "STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!! First, I received several calls from this dealership asking me to come in person and talk to the salesperson "Alex" so I finally decided to..."
- "My husband sent me an arrangement for our anniversary. The arrangement was ugly, small, and came in a tacky green and white coffee mug. I looked up what my husband..."